Wednesday, November 4, 2009

To clip or not to clip

So here's my dilemma: do I clip May or do I leave her unclipped? I've decided to make a pro and con list (yes, I'm THAT dorky) to help decide.

Pros:
- She'll have that nice sleek look that I love
- We're going Preliminary now and not only is it more professional, but it's also functional for when I do my gallop sets and such and it won't be so hard to cool her down
- Like I said about, it's professional and I want to be taken seriously by other eventers (and especially other professional eventers)
- I need to learn how to do it anyways if I want to be a groom

Cons:
- She doesn't have much hair to begin with so I don't know how much it will help for cooling down
- I'm a little afraid that she'll have that mousy look and not be a pretty sleek brown
- If I clip her now, I'll have to clip her at least once or twice more before the spring season

So that's where I am right now. I'm leaning more towards clipping her because I think most of the pros outway the cons. I keep getting mixed reviews from different people about clipping her because she does have such short hair. But I won't have to worry about until after this weekend (River Glen!) anyways.

We're leaving for River Glen on Friday morning and I'm really excited. The course is supposed to be average for Preliminary with some tough questions so I'm curiuos to see how May reacts to the course after FENCE. I just want a really great run and I'm hoping to go a bit faster than I did at FENCE so I don't get quite so many time penalties.

No comments:

Post a Comment