Friday, October 23, 2009

The Clemson Eventing Team's first horse trial

So this Sunday the Clemson Intercollegiate Eventing Team (CIET) is competing in our first horse trial as a "team". I say this loosely because the team itself isn't competing against other teams, but it's the first time the team will be up there competing together individually. Our eventual goal is to compete as a team against other teams like in the Adult Challenge or even at the Virginia Horse Trials which hosts college teams.

We chose an unrecognized horse trial to go to because most college students don't have the funds to compete at the recognized level. I've been extremeeeely lucky in that my parents have been behind me 100% by paying for my horse and for me to compete. They've been awesome and I know they love the sport as much as I do. I'm only going up this weekend to watch, support, and walk courses because the levels don't go above Novice but I'm really excited. A lot of the team members are coming up to support those who are riding (we have five members riding) and I think we'll have a lot of fun cheering people on.

We'll also be selling our AWESOME t-shirts!



We're hoping to get a lot of exposure out of this show. Go Clemson!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment