Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A New Day

So this is my first post on my blog. I'm going to really try to keep up with this thing and what's going on with myself and my horse May (Maybelline Cover Girl). Just a little bit about me, I'm a senior Communication Studies major at Clemson University graduating in December (scary thought there), I'm president of the Clemson Intercollegiate Eventing Team (CIET), and I'm currently eventing May at Preliminary.


A little bit about May: she's a Trakehner/Thoroughbred, 10 years old, 15.3 hands, bay and (obviously) a mare. I bought her from Mary Quarles when she was 6 years old and she really hadn't done much of anything. The past four years have been both wonderful and difficult for the two of us but we've finally reached my goal of Preliminary. I'm hoping to take her to a few CCI*'s and if she's up for it, maybe go Intermediate.


We hauled up to Holly Hepp's (hollyheppeventing.com) this summer and I spent the time there as a working student. It was absolutely the best thing that's happened for us and my riding has just soared. I still go up to Holly's once a month for a tune up (and to hang out with her and all my favorite barn people). May and I are very excited for the rest of the fall season and for the spring season.



No comments:

Post a Comment